Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mexican Lasagna

I found this recipe this week and thought it sounded a little strange, but still wanted to try it.
This is my Great Taste For the Week! 
I was worried it wouldn't be liked, but my husband loved it!
A different way to serve Lasagna! 
Try it and see if you like it. *Note: can be cut in half if it needs to be.


Mexican Lasagna
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. Ground Beef
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Red Pepper
1 tsp. Salt to Taste
1 tsp. Pepper
1 16 oz. Can diced Tomatoes
10 -12 corn or flour Tortillas
2 cups Cottage Cheese, drained
1 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese
1 Egg
1/2 Grated Cheddar Cheese
2 cups Shredded Lettuce
1/2 cup Chopped Tomatoes
3 Green Onions, chopped
1/4 cup Sliced Black Olives
Avocado
Cilantro

Directions:
Brown your ground beef; drain thoroughly  and add the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, red pepper, salt, pepper and tomatoes. Heat through. Pour half of the beef mixture in the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish. Mix the cottage cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese and egg together, put half of the mixture over the meat. Layer the tortillas and cover as completely as possible. Repeat these layers until all of your mixture is gone. 

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After taking out of the oven, spread the top with sour cream. Make rows of cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and green onions across the top in a diagonal pattern. 6-8 servings

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this looks tasty!! Pinning now! Can't wait to try it! I'm following you too! Come check out my blog if you get a chance! Hope you're having a wonderful week so far!

Best,
Jen @ Yummy. Healthy. Easy.

Unknown said...

Yummy! Just saw your link over at A Humble Bumble's Link Party and thought I'd come and check out your recipe :)

I'd love for you to link up at my weekend party @The Weekend re-Treat! on The Best Blog Recipes!

Hope to see you there :)

Unknown said...

This sure looks good, I think I can eat lasagna anything...replacing the red meat. I love it! Thank you for the share, joining from Healthy Tues hop
Living F.A.B.ulously on Purpose

Post a Comment