Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Great Taste Tuesday!

It is Tuesday!! Drum Roll please. 
I would like to share my great taste for the week with everyone!
This week it is Chicken Fajitas!
Made these for my husband and he loved them!
This is a super fast and easy meal and you will love them too!


Chicken Fajitas
Ingredients:
12 oz. Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
1/4 cup of Cooking Oil
1/4 cup Lime Juice
1/4 cup Water
2 Tbsp. Snipped Fresh Cilantro or 1/2 tsp. Dry Cilantro
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1/8 tsp. Salt
Pepper
8 Flour Tortillas
1 Tbsp. cooking Oil
1 Medium Onion 
1 Medium Green, red, or yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup Chopped Fresh or Canned Tomatoes or Tomatillo's
Guacamole
Sour Cream
Salsa
Shredded Cheddar or Monterrey Jack Cheese 

Directions:
Place Chicken Strips in a plastic bag and set in a deep bowl. In another bowl stir together 1/4 oil, lime juice, water, 1 tbsp. Cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade and set the chicken aside. 

Wrap the tortillas in foil. Heat these in a 350 degrees oven for 10 minutes to warm. Meanwhile preheat a large frying pan over medium heat; add 1 tbsp. oil. Cook and stir onion in hot oil for 1 1/2 minutes. Add the bell pepper strips and cook for 1 12/ minutes more or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove the vegetables form the frying pan. 

Add the chicken strips to the hot pan. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until they are tender and aren't pink. Return all the vegetables to the frying pan. Add the tomatoes or tomatillo's. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until they are heated through. Stir in the remaining cilantro. To serve, fill the tortillas with the chicken vegetable mix and if you desire top with sour cream, guacamole  salsa and cheese. 

5 comments:

Becca said...

Sounds so good! Thanks for sharing at A Humble Bumble :)

Unknown said...

Thank you! Thanks for the link!

annies home said...

sounds mighty tasty

Emily Thompson said...

I love fajitas! In collage I practically lived on them because I just had to keep a few ingredients around :o) Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays! love it! Really appreciate you stopping by my blog! I’m trying to keep in better touch with my linkers/readers… If you already follow me, please let me know I will find your blog on Bloglovin (I’m transferring my follows there)if you don’t follow in any way, would you consider following via GFC or other method?
http://www.nap-timecreations.com

Unknown said...

Oh yes this looks delicious. Sharing it on facebook and pinning it. Thank you so much for linking to my party, hope to see you again next week.

Happy Easter,
Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

Post a Comment