Friday, February 15, 2013

Scones for Dinner!

When I was younger my mother made these for one of my birthday parties. Everyone loved them! And they have been one of my favorites ever since. I don't know what the actual name for them are, but these are what I call Navajo tacos!



What I call a Navajo Taco

ingredients:
5 Rhodes Rolls
1 can of Chile
1/2 lb. Ground Beef
Shredded Cheese
2-3 Tomatoes
Lettuce
Vegetable Oil

directions:
Cut the rolls in two and let them rise for a couple hours. If they are frozen let them thaw first and then cut them and let them rise. Brown the ground beef and salt and pepper. Warm the Chile. 

Fill a small pot with about 1 inch of vegetable oil and get it very hot. After you have it very hot turn it down to medium low or it will burn the dough. Roll out your roll dough on a floured surface as big as you can get them. Fry them in your vegetable oil one at a time until both sides are lightly brown. These will make your scones. 

Dice your tomatoes and chop your lettuce. Place these on a plate. When you are ready to serve start with the scones on the bottom and pile everything else on top. These are delicious! Serves about 4. Double if you need to. Have butter and honey around for some treats on your scones!

No comments:

Post a Comment